The BLUE MERMAID ISLAND GRILL has served unique and delicious cuisine inspired by the flavors of the Caribbean to Portsmouth NH locals and visitors since 1994. Our menu features favorites like Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Guava-braised Short Ribs, New World Paella and Island Shrimp Pad Thai, along with many options for soup, salad, sandwiches and burgers, small plates and grilled seafood. Besides our great eats, we have eight rotating beers on tap from our favorite craft brewers, a wide selection of wines and a very tasty assortment of cocktails. We’re also known for our creative tropical coolers & Portsmouth’s best margaritas! Here are a few other things you should know about us:
- Our cozy casual dining restaurant is located in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire in an historic house more than 200 years old. The atmosphere is always casual and family-friendly! Kids eat free on Sundays!
- We provide free parking next to our building and validate ticket stubs for the Hanover Street parking garage.
- Enjoy live music every week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. We proudly support Portsmouth’s local music scene.
- We also have a popular trivia night, a Sunday brunch, kids eat FREE Sunday’s from 4 to close, Thirsty Thursday Industry night, and many other great events and promotions throughout the week — visit our Facebook page for regular updates and specials.
- Get comfy at our bar, in our lounge, or upstairs in our casual dining room. You’ll love our outdoor deck during warmer weather.
- Our chefs design many wonderful gluten-free and vegetarian menu options and daily specials.
- We will gladly reserve our semi-private dining rooms to accommodate larger parties between 10-55 people. We are also a full-service food and beverage caterer for private functions both in- and outside our restaurant.
To reserve a private function or to learn more about our catering services, please give us a call 603-427-2583.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Scott & Karen Logan, Owners Blue Mermaid Island Grill